
To give everyone time to adjust to the new school routines, I thought we'd take September off as well. I decided to place my book club report card grades below, feel free to comment, criticize, add your own. Also, don't forget to add a suggestion for November's book, and vote in the poll for October.
The Average American: C
It was kind of long. I liked everything about what constitutes "average" and what types of things the average American does. I didn't so much like the stories of all the random people he met.
Dracula: A+
I didn't think I would like this book, but was pleasantly surprised. It was a great read. I loved how it was narrated with journal entries and newspaper articles, and the story was really cool.
Cuckoo's Nest: A-
This was an entertaining read and I enjoyed it.
Christmas Carol: A
So much better as a book than as a movie.
My Sister's Keeper: A-
I liked it. Way too sad though. The first 2 or 3 chapters were killer. The ending was interesting, as well.
Memory Keeper's Daughter: I
I've got to give this an incomplete. I read the first few chapters, and before any of the story had really developed, I had my retina problems.
The Robe: I
Same eye problems as above, but I thought I could at least listen to it on tape. The tapes quit working halfway through the book.
The Giver: B-
I really liked this book, but I hated the ending.
Freakanomics: A+
One of my favorites.
Momo: I
Barnes and Noble only sold the Spanish version and our library didn't have it. Incomplete.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: A+++
I can't wait until the movie comes out. It'll be so cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment